Question about a 1892 Krag

U.S. Military Krags
indy650

Re: Question about a 1892 Krag

Post by indy650 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:43 pm

Whig wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:24 am
I think you can confront them and get a free return and full refund based on their mis-representation. I would also consider, especially if they give you any crap, contacting the attorney general of the state they are located in, which ever that is. They say the restocking fee crap is only if they didn't make a mistake in the sale.

Interesting, they state in their legal disclosure that:

IMA considers all antique guns offered on our website as non-firing, inoperable and/or inert.

If all of these antique rifles I have are all non-firing, inoperable and inert, I can't explain the "bang" that goes off in my antique military rifles that I have shot all of these years! Wow! IMA just taught me something!
I think they claim that so they can sell them in more places Im pretty sure a non-firing antique is even less regulated.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:07 pm

Don't mean to be a parrot, but would certainly like to add whatever weight I might have to the argument.

Return the gun - it is a buggered POS of no value to a serious collector. You will hate it every time you look at it, and you will never get your money out of it. Go to small claims court if you must. That works - I was an expert witness against "Trapdoors Galore" (a snake pit if there ever was one, thankfully closed) a few years back on a similar case of gross misrepresentation. You have a strong case - they lied, whether by intent or accident the results are the same to you.

We can help you find a nice Krag. I have vetted quite a few guns for various people over the years. Several others here have done the same. The one fear some people have is that if they divulge the source of what they think is a sleeper, the reviewer will jump on it themselves. I cannot believe anyone here would do that - I KNOW I wouldn't, since I am nearly ready to disperse my collection.

I CANNOT POSSIBLY over-emphasize the need to do your homework BEFORE you buy the gun, NOT afterwards. At least you are not alone in that failing - we get the "I bought a Whatsit for $#### (almost always WAY too much). I don't know anything about Whatsits, how did I do?" - all the time. Sad, but preventable. The "I don't know anything" is the key phrase here. They know they don't know anything but proceed anyhow. Unbelievable.

Sorry for the strong words, but after 50 years of collecting, I've seen a lot of silly stuff. NO personal slurs were intended - we will stand behind you. Go for the throat and teach those jerkoffs at IMA a lesson!

indy650

Post by indy650 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:13 pm

No I appreciate and I deserve the strong words. Thank you for the kind words also. I was hesitant to post this problem as I assumed you guys get a lot of these and I would be berated as an absolute moron but instead everyone was honest but nice. I thank you all and admit it was a stupid move on my part.

Whig

Post by Whig » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:47 pm

I will also commit, as always, to help when advice is requested (to my best ability) and I also can say that I have passed up bidding on a few items and I let a great original M1892 bayonet in the rare trapezoid scabbard go because it was posted here, before it was sold, as a question by a new poster looking smartly for advice before buying. It was my only opportunity to get one of these early bayonets and scabbards but I know there is a "code" amongst true military collectors and the shooting sports to treat each other kindly. We know, as such, it WILL come back to bite us if we don't!

So, post away, here at least, amongst friends who have helped each other out many times over the years. I enjoy collecting, reloading, fixing and shooting all the more because of this kind of camaraderie.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Well said, Gentlemen!

indy650

Post by indy650 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:47 pm

thanks guys it's nice to know this is such a great forum with great people as they are hard to find. IMA finally replied today saying I will get a full refund including shipping then just sent me a return label with no refund info. They usually send a print out with the estimated refund so I have asked for that. Also it's not surprising but after calling them out big time and asking for an apology they acknowledged neither.

Whig

Post by Whig » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Good for you. It's realistic for them to wait for the return to check it out before issuing the refund. Just keep copies of correspondence.

They know they've been cornered because of my posting on their site and they definitely follow blogs like this about their sales, especially when there's a problem!

indy650

Post by indy650 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:47 pm

I really want this thread to die but I figured I would update anyone interested in the conclusion. I packaged the rifle with tons of bubble wrap and saran wrap and packaging tape and whoever had to unwrap it I bet was cussing up a storm :twisted: Anyway, just today I got a notification that I was refunded the full amount including the 100 bucks I paid for 2nd day shipping. It hasn't hit my account yet but I assume it's all good. As upset as I am to lose the only Krag I had I know it was a botched job and worth a quarter what I paid for it.

THANK YOU to all of you on here you were extremely nice and helpful I thought maybe I would just get berated for the stupid mistake but instead I was welcomed and very nicely taught a tough lesson. Thank you all I'm so happy to have found and be a part of this forum!

Whig

Post by Whig » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:39 pm

Hey, now you have the refund AND the rifle! How great is that?

But, congrats on actually following up and standing up for what is right. We need more brave people like you.

You learned a great lesson and taught others who read your posts how to do better the next time.

Find a better rifle, let us review it if desired, and keep enjoying Krags!

indy650

Post by indy650 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:39 pm

Dirty bastards re-listed it for the same price which I'm sure someone will pay these Krags sell like hot cakes on there for 1500-3000 dollars. usually by the time I see an email with one it's already sold. I wish there was something I could do it should be illegal what they are doing. And is it just the Krags or do they do it with all their old rifles the dirty schmucks. I see they did admit on there this time that the stock was replaced.
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/origin ... de-in-1895