Amazing Summary of Current Voluntary Servitude We Have in the United States!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Amazing Summary of Current Voluntary Servitude We Have in the United States!

Post by Whig » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:29 pm

People should read and understand this!

(And remember, Trump has NOT conceded!)

COVID restrictions violate our natural rights to personal liberty
The concept of personal liberty is that our rights come from our humanity. If you believe in a Supreme Being, as I do and as the Declaration of Independence presupposes, then you acknowledge these rights as a gift from the Creator.
If you doubt or reject the existence of  a Supreme Being, you can still accept the personal origin of these rights. Humans are rational beings and the essence of natural rights is the exercise of reason to seek the truth. The individual employment of unimpeded reason is the exercise of a natural right.
Either way — whether divinely created or humanly adapted — under the Natural Law, our rights come from within us. This is not a mere academic argument. Rather, it has profound everyday consequences. A right is an unconditional claim against all others that does not require validation or approval. Thus, your right to the freedom of speech enables you to think what you wish and say what you think and publish what you say. Nature — or as Thomas Jefferson said, "Nature’s God" — has given you that right.
The origin of natural rights is self-evident. How is it self-evident that our rights are natural and not governmental in origin? Because we have them in the absence of government. Thus, when government, whether by legislation or executive command, purports to interfere with your natural rights, it does moral violence to you. The framers of the Constitution — who had suffered such violence under British rule — understood this and provided for protection against government assaults upon natural rights.
That protection is called due process. This is a complex area of the law. Yet, reduced to its essence, it means that the government can only interfere with life, liberty and property after a fair trial, before a neutral judge and jury, at which the government must prove fault on the part of the person whose life or property it wants or whose liberties it seeks to curtail.
I offer this primer to address a troubling issue now facing Americans: voluntary servitude. After nine months of the COVID-19 pandemic-induced experiment in totalitarian-leaning governments, many of us still live in cities or states where — to paraphrase University of Sydney Professor John Keane — the popularly attractive exercise of arbitrary power has produced a level of comfort in popular compliance, and this comfortable compliance is voluntary servitude.
Stated differently, the government and its medical personnel have scared the daylights out of so many people that they take comfort in complying with government commands to stay home, shut their businesses, wear masks and socially distance.
This voluntary servitude is a pernicious evil as it encourages those in power to continue to trample natural rights. And the more those in power get away with rights trampling, the more common it will become and the more folks will accept it.
The 13th Amendment to the Constitution, which was enacted to abolish slavery, only prohibits involuntary servitude. Its drafters and ratifiers never imagined this voluntary version.
Among the rights most severely restricted today are those of assembly, travel and commercial intercourse. And none of these restrictions has come about via popularly enacted legislation. All have come about through unlawful and unconstitutional executive commands.
Last week, a federal judge in upstate New York became the first in the nation to order a governor to produce hard evidence to justify his closures of businesses, particularly restaurants. Lamentably, the governor’s own evidence revealed that 35 times more people have been infected with COVID-19 while in their homes than by the patronage of restaurants.
I applaud this judge — he is skeptical of government commands and is moving in the direction of human freedom — but he has largely missed the point. The point is that freedom is the default position because we are born with the right to exercise it.
Government can only interfere with personal freedom not by demonstrating the evidentiary basis for its commands but by proving wrongness on the part of the people whose freedom it wants to curtail.
The exercise of a natural right — so long as it does not nullify another’s natural right — simply can never be wrong.
When government interferes with natural rights outside of due process, it fails its obligation to uphold the Constitution. And when governors and mayors use the power of the state to interfere with rights that are guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, they explicitly violate federal law and expose themselves to federal prosecution.
Government is essentially the negation of liberty. What liberties may government morally negate? It may only interfere with the liberty of a person who has nullified someone else’s natural rights.
Suppose the rights nullifier is the government itself? When that happens, according to Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence, it is the duty of the people to alter or abolish the government
That’s where we are today, at the beginning of 2021. We live under governments that not only fail to protect personal liberties, not only fail to recognize their validity and primacy, but actively assault them. And these assaults have been accompanied by sometimes soothing and sometimes terrifying scientific-sounding language, which has induced voluntary servitude.
The danger of voluntary servitude cannot be overstated. When accepted by the masses, it will make the exercise of personal liberties the exception rather than the norm. And it will take the personal courage and public sacrifice of revolutionaries to resist it.
The only reason we have even a modicum of personal liberty today is because of determined and often unpopular men and women who refused to surrender their natural rights. Where are courage and sacrifice when we need them?

Local Boy

Re: Amazing Summary of Current Voluntary Servitude We Have in the United States!

Post by Local Boy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:09 pm

Thank you Whig for posting the discourse on "Voluntary Servitude".

However, I do struggle with an answer:

1. Do I try not to draw attention to myself and comply with the demands of our governmental leaders.

2. Do I petition a government only to have my petitions fall on deaf ears.

3. Do I allow myself to peacefully become a martyr because I didn't follow laws that I believe unconstitutional.

4. Do I respond with violent demonstrations to address my cause.

5. Or do I pack the family up, move off the grid, and wait for big brother to come and deal with me in a manner akin to Ruby Ridge.

I hate to say it, but our nation began with violent acts such as with the group known as 'The Sons of Liberty' and eventually became a revolution.

butlersrangers

Re: Amazing Summary of Current Voluntary Servitude We Have in the United States!

Post by butlersrangers » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Well Said, Local Boy!

Even my wife does not get how Official Over Reach, Institutional Tyranny, and propaganda that passes for 'news', may make many solid, law abiding Citizens into "criminals".

The Old Divide and Conquer

Whig

Post by Whig » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 pm

Unfortunately, we have all become so accustom to living in such a wealthy country and having so much easy material things in our lives that we are not willing, or able, to give it all up to fight for real freedom like our ancestors did.

We should be standing up, though, and showing others that you don't HAVE to wear a mask everywhere and be severely restricted in your travel and business interactions in your communities like the pols want you to be. It will only work if grass roots efforts are made to fight these illegal mandates.

My wife and I do not wear masks anywhere and, sometimes, have to confront people and tell them why. We have not been kicked out of any stores yet but we won't ever go into many stores anymore that are too demanding about wearing the stupid things. It's so idiotic, you could actually have a pair of soiled underwear around your face and that would pass the "mandate" of having a mask on. You know it's true. None of these masks are "sterile" and are loaded, themselves, with bacteria, mold, mildew and viruses. Talk about super spreaders! It's most mask wearers!

But, the politicians and "doctors" (I am a physician!) have made most people so scared that they are going to catch this plague and drop dead, that everyone is complying. It's just not reality. There is a virus, a variation of a typical flu, that is contagious and has caused illness and death for a very small percentage of people. Definitely NOT the number(s) they are feeding us daily. But, 99.6% of people who catch this contagious virus either don't know it or they are not getting sick enough to need treatment of any sort. Very similar to a typical flu season. Also, has anyone noticed there is absolutely no flu anymore anywhere? It's 100% Covid! Sure.

We are not being given honest information by anyone. Good luck. Wash your hands, stay home if you're sick and protect the elderly and immune compromised people at risk for illness. Otherwise, calm down and get back to reloading and building your stock pile. Never hurts!

Whig

Post by Whig » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Oh, and, by the way, Trump has NOT conceded, yet.

Has anyone wondered why, if they know Biden won, they are desperately trying to get Trump out of office before the 20th? What are they afraid of?

And why hasn't Harris resigned her Senate seat yet if she is VP-Elect? No one has ever done this before. Does she want to be VP AND a senator?

Just blathering...

Knute1

Post by Knute1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:20 am

All this is pretty surreal. How can a "mob" enter the capital? Congresspersons scrambling for their lives? Can that actually happen in this country? Or was it allowed to happen? Something just doesn't pass the smell test here. Are all Trump supporters now looney tunes? Who will now stand up for conservatism? Not many. Who will have the gonads Trump had to reveal corruption in the judicial system and insanity in the media?

General Washington displayed the liberty tree flag on his naval ships. It is time for me to fly mine again. It is not as well known as some of our other Revolutionary War flags, like "Don't Tread On Me", but if you understand its meaning you will remember that God is still in charge. When all else fails we can still have "AN APPEAL TO HEAVEN".

"…where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."
AnAppealToHeaven.jpg
AnAppealToHeaven.jpg (32.47 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Whig, I truly appreciate your original post - wonderful words. Did you write it, and if so, may I share it? If you did not, can you provide the source. If you DID write it, and allow me to share it, do you have any specific way to be quoted? I was thinking along the lines of "a physician friend of mine", omitting anything personal and NOT mentioning WHERE it came from. I know some snooty Dems that I'd LOVE to show this to. Thanks very much.

Whig

Post by Whig » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Dick,

I'm not that eloquent or smart. The original post is a statement written by Judge Napolitano, a Never-Trumper for four years! I used to like Napolitano but he has gone over the deep end in hating everything Trump but this statement is great. It has been shared and needs to be shared more.

Thanks.