Krags in the Movies

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Knute1

Re: Krags in the Movies

Post by Knute1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 am

I didn't realize the rules of engagement here. So we are looking for Krags in movies where they are not expected to be seen? Kind of like a puzzle or finding a diamond in the rough.

I was going to try and add "55 Days At Peking" (1963 with Charleton Heston) . But it has 2 strikes against it.
1. It is based on real events (The Boxer Rebellion).
2. It erroneously does not have Krags in it.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Aw the heck with it. I'll put Rough Riders up.

This is supposed to be fun so its going to be fun.

Really? 55 Days does not have Krags? Bet it doesn't even have Winchester Lees in it either.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  [url=https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=LWRN]Liberty Works Radio[/url]

Knute1

Post by Knute1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:22 am

I wasn't trying to be pushy. Sometimes when I try to be witty it comes across snarky. It is hard to read body language on this type of format. If you knew me you would know that I am normally respectful, but fun loving.

I haven't watched "55 Days At Peking" lately, but I believe the US Marines were using Lee Enfields in the movie.

My Army son is on leave and got to my house today with his family. Showed him my "new" Krag today. He was quite impressed with its lightness even with it being in full military configuration. Maybe we will get a chance to watch some of these movies.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 am

"You lose some you gain some" .....

I believe Beau Geste (1939) should come off the list. Hollywood's Legions appeared well equipped with Berthier rifles (maybe even made by Remington?).

At least the Desert marauders appear to have 'Springfield Jezails' fabricated from trapdoor rifles?

Laurel and Hardy had Berthiers, too!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:39 am

Lee Marvin - Gone, but, not forgotten ..... except by Mr. Culpeper, who didn't miss missing Lee either.

Death Hunt (1981): "Here's lookin at you Kid" ... Ooops wrong movie.

"Once a Mari ... err ... Mountie, always a Mountie".

Hey, it's a Norwegian Krag, eh!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:29 pm

"You lose some you gain some" .....

I believe Beau Geste (1939) should come off the list. Hollywood's Legions appeared well equipped with Berthier rifles (maybe even made by Remington?).

At least the Desert marauders appear to have 'Springfield Jezails' fabricated from trapdoor rifles?

Laurel and Hardy had Berthiers, too!

Ha HA! You have to look a bit sharper, Young Jedi. Right at the end of the movie where the three are about to make the run down the sand dune the movie cuts into a studio insert that shows one of them holding a, TA DA, Krag rifle. The scene runs about five seconds. So the sequence is outside shot, inside stage shot, then continuation of outside shot. There is a change in the audio that makes the scene stand out.

My man Lee has been added. Too bad they did not have Krags in the Dirty Dozen. It would still have been a great movie. :D

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  [url=https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=LWRN]Liberty Works Radio[/url]

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:41 pm

I wasn't trying to be pushy. Sometimes when I try to be witty it comes across snarky. It is hard to read body language on this type of format. If you knew me you would know that I am normally respectful, but fun loving.

I haven't watched "55 Days At Peking" lately, but I believe the US Marines were using Lee Enfields in the movie.

My Army son is on leave and got to my house today with his family. Showed him my "new" Krag today. He was quite impressed with its lightness even with it being in full military configuration. Maybe we will get a chance to watch some of these movies.

Carefull there.  You may have infected your son with Krag fever.

Never took it as being pushy.  Besides every Krag man is a brother on this site.

(Memo to self.  Scratch the pushy guy off the Christmas list) :D

Knute1

Post by Knute1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:51 am

I have a Krag sporter that my Army son claimed as his some day. I had another son that also claimed it. Now they both say the other can have the sporter, but now they both want the full military Krag I acquired this year.

The Army son told his younger brother that if he does 20 years in the Army he has an argument. Otherwise bug out.

Unfortunately for them it will have to be literally over my dead body. Which shouldn't happen anytime soon.

Til then, they can watch this list of Krag movies and/or buy their own. ;D

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Welcome to Animal Hospital the continuing saga of a quack that has gone to the dogs. In this episode we hear Doctor Bob say: Nurse Piggy...

Oops wrong film.

In the never ending search (obsession) of finding Krags in the Movies we add to the list

Beau Ideal

From 1931 with Loretta Young and Ralph Forbes. The Foreign Legion get the Berthiers and the Mohammedans get the Krags.

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 pm

And more movies with Krags: