Remember this - Biden is NOT president yet!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Re: Remember this - Biden is NOT president yet!

Post by Whig » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:29 am

Thanks, Dick. I agree- it's one of the clearest discussions on topic that I've read. Wish more people would take the time to read and understand it!

Happy New Year!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:47 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 6th. It's a slim, slim thread - but, at this point it appears to be all we've got. I get all sorts of "news" from various conservative groups on Facebook - from the utterly lunatic fringe to very real-reasoned pieces like the above. It gives me some comfort to know that - for once - a fight IS (or at least seems to be) being waged by the Republicans - but whether we prevail is very much in doubt. The "swamp" is VERY real. Pence HAS the power, but will he use it? If he does, will Congress support our President? Long odds, I'm afraid. It would be great if people like McConnell, who is old and has all the money and power he will ever need, would just shut up and "do the right thing" for their country.

I do not want to have to start flying my flag upside-down on January 21st, but I very well might - or just take it down (after about 40 years) as a sign that I do NOT respect the (apparent) result of the 2020 "election". I was no fan of Obama's, but, in many ways what we are facing now as a nation is FAR worse. As has been said - to paraphrase - it is not the fact that "X" was elected, the real danger lies in an electorate that voted for "X".
Last edited by Dick Hosmer on Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whig

Post by Whig » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 pm

What saddens me a lot, to echo your sentiment, Dick, is that the same huge mass of people who voted for Biden are mostly (but not entirely) the same mass of people pushing the stupid mask crap on everyone else. These people won't fight for their freedom anymore.

"Just shut up and wear your damn mask!"

(Similar to "Just bend over and let the govt ream your a**hole bigger!")

Happy New Year!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Scary, real scary, and ultimately may not end well - will we have CW2?

HYN to you and yours as well. Keep calm and carry on.

Whig

Post by Whig » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Well, things are coming down to the finish line but Trump has not conceded, still. My sources tell me that next Tuesday he will move, with the military's backing, and regain legal control over the govt and be inaugurated. Then, the swamp should be drained quite a bit.

The impeachment sham should not be any issue in the senate.

Who knows. I certainly don't but this is what I am going with. It's the only way my wife and I can keep our sanity.

In the meantime, I am sticking close to home and family and keeping my Bug-Out bag full and ready to go. Better to be prepared.

God Bless America!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 am

Wow!! (to say nothing of hurrah!!) Hope your "sources" are correct. Mitch won't start the trial before then, maybe that's why.

Update: Did you see the bit about Mike Lindell (the pillow guy) leaving the WH supposedly with notes in his hand (obtained by enlarging the photos) mentioning the insurrection clause? Then there are the mass military moves. Some say the Chinese are saber-rattling, some say nothing. Trump is out of DC. Tuesday MAY turn out to be an "interesting" (but sad in the big picture) day for our country. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:42 am

Well, nothing today - maybe tomorrow?

Update, 1-20-21 9:00 AM PST: Nope - just more false hopes. We're surely in for it now.